About the Georgians First Commission
The Georgians First Commission, established by Governor Kemp on January 14, 2019, will review state regulations, policies, and procedures to streamline government, remove inefficiencies, and secure Georgia's place as the top state for small business in the country.
The Georgians First Commission will receive input from every region of the State via the website, regional listening sessions, and numerous events within Georgia's small business communities.
Additionally, the Commission will recruit nationally known experts and consultants (pro bono) with deep subject-matter expertise in each of the individual areas where small businesses interact with the State. These expert organizations will evaluate and compare national "best practice" laws, standards, and policies to Georgia and create a set of recommendations for the Commission and the Governor to consider for implementation in Georgia that will aid Georgia's small business community to flourish.
Vision & Values
To unharness the ingenuity of entrepreneurs, providing the freedoms to allow all Georgians to prosper, by streamlining state government, making Georgia the most innovative and attractive state for small business.
The Georgians First Commission values:
- The voices of hard-working Georgians,
- Data-driven decision-making that produce tangible results and a positive return on investment to taxpayers, and
- Responsiveness, diversity, teamwork, and empowerment through ownership.
- Governor Kemp's Executive Order establishing the Georgians First Commission
- Governor Kemp's Press Release naming Commission members